Feb. 22nd, 2010

bengruagach: (Default)
Sometimes you just have to make a change. My website, WitchGrotto.com, was due for one. So this morning I buckled down and switched the site over from the old Joomla 1.0.x that it was using to the latest and greatest Joomla 1.5.x.

Making such big jump in the version of the software (from the Joomla point of view anyway) meant the switch actually took me a few months to perform. It wasn't just one piece of web server software that changed but all the bits and pieces behind the scenes that served up my site. And since I was updating all the software I decided to also update the template used to give the site its look. Lots of research, lots of planning, lots of testing and trying things out! And as with any upgrade it also meant spending a good chunk of time fixing things and changing settings until everything was working the way I expected.

I'm pretty pleased with the upgrade as I managed to preserve all the content (user accounts, forum postings, articles, and book reviews) while switching all of the software used to serve it up. My family will attest to how much stress that can produce. But it's worth it now that it's done.

Now that my website has the latest software I can take advantage of the latest templates (and the easier-to-use template modification features in the software), new features for presenting and working with content, and new add-ons that can make the site more appealing.

If you haven't seen it come by and check it out! http://www.witchgrotto.com

April 2017

9101112 131415

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 25th, 2017 08:39 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios